Freitag, 28. Juli 2023

Drei Jahre und 122 Tage mit Corona, 1 Jahr und 151 Tage Krieg und: Eine weitere Perle der Popmusik

Christine Perfect, spätere McVie  bei Fleetwood Mac, sang 1967 dieses Lied mit ihrer damaligen Band ein.


"I'd Rather Go Blind" (mitgehört und aufgeschrieben)

Something told me that it was over, baby, yeah
When I saw you and that girl
And y'all was talking
Something deep down
Something deep down in my soul said
"Go on, go on and cry, girl"
When I saw you, when I saw you with that same person
And y'all was walking around

I'd rather, I rather, baby, be a blind girl, baby, yeah, yeah
Than to see you walk away, walk away from me, baby
Don't leave me, I don't wanna see you go
Cause you see, I love you so much
And I don't wanna watch you leave me, baby
Don't wanna watch you leave me, baby

And another thing is, one more thing is
I just don't, I just don't wanna be free
Scared to be by myself
I was just, I was just sitting here thinking
About your sweet kiss and your, your your your warm embrace
Hmm, your warm embrace
Hmm, yo, yo, warm, warm embrace

When I look down in the glass that I held to my lips
And I saw the reflection of the tears rolling down my face
That's when I knew I love you and I couldn't do without you
I`d better be a blind girl
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby
Baby, baby, babe, no, babe, oh, oh

Oh baby, all day sitting up
Sitting up thinking about you
Myself, I don't wanna see you leave
Oh, babe, no, babe, oh, babe
I'd rather be a blind girl

Hier ist die nach H.s Geschmack beste Coverversion, mit Beth Hart und Jeff Beck , dem Gitarristen für die Gitarristen.

Am 1. Juli 2024 singt Beth Hart auf dem Tollwood, leider ohne Jeff Beck.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Wenn Sie auf dem Blog kommentieren, werden die eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu finden Sie in der Datenschutzerklärung.