Samstag, 8. August 2026

1625 Tage schon Ukrainekrieg, noch 901 Tage (hoffentlich) der Planlose und: Eigentlich die Lieblingsband

Ja. Die Kinks. Wer sonst?

Sie waren:

Gründungsmitglieder
Gesang, Gitarre, Mundharmonika, Piano
Ray Davies
Gesang, Gitarre
Dave Davies
Bass
Peter Quaife (bis 1969; † 2010)
SchlagzeugMick Avory (bis 1984)

H. besuchte oft ihre Konzerte in München, meist im Deutschen Museum.

Waterloo Sunset war der Hit, viele Englischklassen sangen es mit Hingabe (Lern Englisch mit Club 16). Besonders Farshid war hin und weg von diesem Lied (erinnerte es sie an eine Liebe?).

 

Dirty old river, must you keep rollingFlowing into the night?People so busy, make me feel dizzyTaxi light shines so brightBut I don't need no friendsAs long as I gaze onWaterloo sunsetI am in paradise

Every day, I look at the world from my windowBut chilly, chilly is the evening timeWaterloo sunset's fine (Waterloo sunset's fine)

Terry meets JulieWaterloo stationEvery Friday nightBut I am so lazy, don't want to wanderI stay at home at nightBut I don't feel afraidAs long as I gaze onWaterloo sunsetI am in paradise
 
Every day, I look at the world from my windowBut chilly, chilly is the evening timeWaterloo sunset's fine (Waterloo sunset's fine)
 
Millions of people swarming like flies 'roundWaterloo undergroundBut Terry and Julie cross over the riverWhere they feel safe and soundAnd they don't need no friendsAs long as they gaze onWaterloo SunsetThey are in paradise
 
Waterloo sunset's fine (Waterloo sunset's fine)Waterloo sunset's fine


I met her in a club down in old SohoWhere you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca colaC-O-L-A, Cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to danceI asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said LolaL-O-L-A, LolaLa-la-la-la Lola
 
Well, I'm not the world's most physical guyBut when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spineOh my LolaLa-la-la-la Lola
 
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understandWhy she walked like a woman but talked like a manOh my LolaLa-la-la-la LolaLa-la-la-la Lola
 
Well, we drank champagne and danced all nightUnder electric candlelightShe picked me up and sat me on her kneeAnd said "Dear boy, won't you come home with me?"
 
Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guyBut when I looked in her eyes, well I almost fell for my LolaLa-la-la-la LolaLa-la-la-la Lola
LolaLa-la-la-la LolaLa-la-la-la Lola
 
I pushed her awayI walked to the doorI fell to the floorI got down on my kneesThen I looked at her and she at me
 
Well, that's the way that I want it to stayAnd I always want it to be that way for my LolaLa-la-la-la Lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girlsIt's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world, except for LolaLa-la-la-la Lola
 
Well, I left home just a week beforeAnd I'd never ever kissed a woman beforeBut Lola smiled and took me by the handAnd said "Dear boy, I'm gonna make you a man"
 
Well, I'm not the world's most masculine manBut I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a manAnd so is LolaLa-la-la-la LolaLa-la-la-la Lola
Lola
... ... ... 
 
Sie stritten sich und sie prügelten sich auf offener Bühne, irgendwann: Disbanding.
Ray Davies verfolgt bis heute eine erfolgreiche Karriere. Für H. ist der Höhepunkt Glastonbery mit dem kongenialen Chor. Aber hören Sie.
Ansonsten hat H. alles - von den Kinks, analog und digital.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh, wie schön! Zum Glastonbury Festival wollte ich immer mal, nachdem ich mal dort war im Rahmen einer Städtepartnerschaft. Die Abbey ist ein magischer Ort!

    AntwortenLöschen

Wenn Sie auf dem Blog kommentieren, werden die eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu finden Sie in der Datenschutzerklärung.